WHAT IS NATA?
The National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) measures the aptitude of the applicant for field of Architecture. The test measures drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and critical thinking ability of students. Prospective applicants desirous of taking admission to First year of B.Arch course (Bachelor of Architecture) in India take NATA. NATA scores are used by admissions authorities of different Government, Govt. Aided & unaided schools / Colleges of Architecture, to provide common measure for comparing the qualifications of applicants for admission in addition to their scholastic performance in +2 or equivalent examination.
WHY ALADDIN ACADEMY?
- Most comprehensive course designed and delivered by faculties with massive experience in the field of architecture
- Well designed course content covering all subjects in detail
- Class tests in each session and assignments for practice
- Regular feedback given on your performance
- Home assignments reinforce the concepts and learning.
- Difficulties are discussed in class so that the student becomes absolutely clear.
- Career guidance along with entrance exam preparation
- Course comprises of previous years papers and sample questions related to NATA.
- 24/7 online support via email
ELIGIBILITY FOR NATA
The lower age limit of the candidate is 17 years as on 31.07.2018. Candidates may come from the following backgrounds:
- 10+2 or equivalent passed/appearing with Mathematics as one of the subjects of examination
- 10+3 Diploma (any stream) passed/appearing recognized by Central/State Govts with Mathematics as one of the subjects of examination;
- International Baccalaureate Diploma passed/appearing, after 10 years of Schooling with Mathematics as compulsory subject of examination.
ABOUT NATA 2018:
- Application procedure:
- Application has to be filled up ONLINE at the NATA portal of NIC http://www.nata.nic.in
- Candidates need to visit the portal and CLICK the requisite link ONLINE APPLICATION NATA- 2018 and thereafter will be directed to the actual application form. The fields super-scribed with *MUST be filled up as they are MANDATORY, otherwise the application will NOT get submitted.
- The application form is broadly categorized into three steps: filling of PERSONAL DETAILS; DOCUMENT UPLOADING & FEE PAYMENT.
NATA 2018 Application Fees
- For General candidates appearing for NATA 2018, the application fees is Rs 1800 (inclusive of service fee)
- For SC/ST candidates appearing for NATA 2018, the application fees is Rs 1500 (inclusive of service fee)
- Candidates appearing for NATA 2018 in Dubai will have to pay Rs. 9800 (1800 + 8000 [additional fees])
- Mode of Application Fee for NATA 2018
Candidates can make the payment of application fees through State Bank of India/Bill Desk payment gateway (debit card/credit card/net banking).
IMPORTANT DATES FOR NATA:
NATA EXAM PATTERN
Candidates of NATA 2018 are advised to follow the exam pattern to appear well prepared and confident for the same. The exam pattern of NATA 2018 informs about the type, number, pattern and marking scheme of the question paper.
- The question paper of NATA 2018 will be divided into 2 sections – one includes Mathematics and General Aptitude and second includes Drawing.
- The entrance exam of NATA 2018 will be held in offline mode for 3 hours (180 minutes). The first 90 minutes would be for Mathematics and General Aptitude and remaining 90 minutes for Drawing.
- The Mathematics will have 20 questions and General Aptitude will have 40 questions. The Drawing section will have 2 questions of 40 marks each.
- NATA 2018 will not have negative marking.
For candidates who will appear in NATA 2018 exam, the result will be announced by Council of Architecture (COA) on June 1, 2018 in three formats:
- Marks obtained out of 200 and in each component.
- Merit listing – unique based on marks and tie-breaking rules.
- Percentile score based on the merit listing.
Candidates will be considered as qualified for NATA 2018 only if he or she fulfils all three conditions mentioned below:
- Minimum 25% must be secured in MCQ portion (30 out of 120)
- Minimum 25% must be secured in Drawing portion (20 out of 80)
Overall qualifying marks (out of 200) would be based on post-exam statistics and at the discretion of the Council.
FOR NATA TRAINING CONTACT US